UAS Precision Agriculture
Precision Agricultural Drone Insurance
- Insurance Coverage for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles – UAV
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems – UAS
- Agricultural Drone and RPAS
- Used for Precision Agriculture
The FAA and Federal Avaition Regulations
The FAA has clarified its rules that private use of drones over an individuals own property is allowed.
Farmers may operate an unmanned aircraft over their own property for personal use.
The statement was obtained by Oklahoma News9 reporter, Justin Dougherty, from Les Dorr, with the FAA in Washington D.C.
PL 112-95 enacted by Congress as part of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012, provides that individuals operating small unmanned aircraft for personal (non-commercial) use may do so within the programming of a recognized community-based organization and in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines.
Because agriculture is a big data problem without the big data.
About half of the “inputs” in farming (from fluids to pesticides, fungicides and herbicides) are typically wasted because they’re applied in greater amount than needed or in the wrong place, such as the ground between plants rather than the plants themselves. That’s considered unavoidable, due to the nature of spray application or the need to avoid under-use of water and chemicals, which can be catastrophic, from disease outbreak to total crop loss.
Soon farmers will know what’s going on with every plant, spotting problems before they spread, and applying chemicals with honeybee precision. They’ll use pesticides and fungicides only when needed and in the smallest amounts necessary, lowering the chemical load in both food and environment and saving money. On a small farm, you can get that level of precision with hand-tending. But on a big farm, the answer is more likely to be robotics, including flying robots — drones.” – Chris Anderson 3D Robotics
UAV / UAS Manufacturer, Owner and Operator Coverage
Territory: Worldwide Territory
- UAV /UAS Manufacturer Product Liability
- Film and Sensing
- Agricultural Power-line Patrol
- Irrigation Pipe-line Patrol
- Aerial Crop Scouting Photo and Survey
- Pleasure and Business
- Livestock Survey and Tracking
- Predator Control
UAS / UAV Physical Damage Coverage
- Loss or damage to the UAV and associated equipment on an agreed value basis.
Third Party Legal Liability Coverage – Limits to $100,000,000 Combined Single Limit and Higher
- Manufacturer Product Liability
- Third Party Legal Liability
- Premises Liability
- Aviation and Premises War Risk Liability
- Aviation and Premises Medical Payments
- Fire Legal Liability
- Independent Contractors Liability
- Personal Injury
- Advertising Liability
- Contractual Liability
- Fellow Employee Coverage